Monday, May 10 at 6 pm the School Board Meeting has been moved to the East High School Auditorium to allow more people to attend the meeting.
HAMBLEN COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
The mission of the Hamblen County Department of Education is to educate students
so they can be challenged to successfully compete in their chosen fields.
Parents and community members please continue to send in questions or concerns you may have regarding the Coronavirus COVID-19 so that those topics can be addressed in our daily presentation updates on our website.
Please email questions to WebbK@hcboe.net and place "School/Virus Questions" in the subject line.
Please contact us at 423-586-7700 if you do not possess the ability to view the video, and we will ensure you get the information. Thanks in advance for your support and understanding.
The following summary will provide an open and transparent review of the positive cases of COVID-19 which are reported in the district. This summary will be updated daily around 3:30 p.m. It is important to note the following:
1. Only confirmed cases of COVID-19 will be reported. We are inundated with rumors and speculations that individuals have tested positive. We will only report those we can confirm.
2. We will only report cases of staff members and students enrolled in Hamblen County Schools. We will not report cases of family members of either staff or students who have tested positive.
3. We are required by law to protect the identity of any person testing positive. We will not release the name of any student or staff member who tests positive.
4. We will list the school and the grade level for each conformed case. This will provide parents with a general summary of the infection. We will also send home some type of electronic message notifying parents we have experienced some type of exposure within the school. This school message will not specifically mean your child was exposed. We will communicate directly with you if we believe your child was exposed.
5. Someone from the school or the health department will contact you if your child may have been exposed and you need to remove your child from school. There is no need to quarantine your child unless you are contacted specifically.
6. This count will start on the first day of school which was September 8, 2020.
SCHOOL ABBREVIATION KEY:
Alpha Elementary - AE
Fairview-Marguerite - FM
Hillcrest - HC
John Hay - JH
Lincoln Elementary - LE
Manley Elementary - MN
Russellville Elementary - RV
Union Heights - UH
West Elementary - WE
Whitesburg - WB
Witt - WT
East Ridge Middle - ER
Lincoln Middle - LM
Meadowview Middle - MV
Westview Middle - WV
East High School - EH
West High School - WH
Miller Boyd Alternative - MB