TEACHERS OF THE YEAR 2020-2021
Lincoln Heights Elementary
Lincoln Heights Middle School
Rachel Boyatte Lynch
Fairview Marguerite Elementary
Meadowview Middle School
East High School
Westview Middle School
West High School
John Hay Elementary
Union Heights Elementary
East Ridge Middle School
Miller Boyd School
We will conduct our 2nd Public Forum Tuesday December 15, 2020 at 5:30 P.M. Parents are welcome to click on the link below to participate. Send any questions that you would like to be answered to
Karlene Webb at WebbK@hcboe.net by 4:00 P.M. Tuesday December 15, 2020. This will not be an interactive forum but all questions submitted will be answered.
Click HERE to join the forum
The following summary will provide an open and transparent review of the positive cases of COVID-19 which are reported in the district. This summary will be updated daily around 3:30 p.m. It is important to note the following:
1. Only confirmed cases of COVID-19 will be reported. We are inundated with rumors and speculations that individuals have tested positive. We will only report those we can confirm.
2. We will only report cases of staff members and students enrolled in Hamblen County Schools. We will not report cases of family members of either staff or students who have tested positive.
3. We are required by law to protect the identity of any person testing positive. We will not release the name of any student or staff member who tests positive.
4. We will list the school and the grade level for each conformed case. This will provide parents with a general summary of the infection. We will also send home some type of electronic message notifying parents we have experienced some type of exposure within the school. This school message will not specifically mean your child was exposed. We will communicate directly with you if we believe your child was exposed.
5. Someone from the school or the health department will contact you if your child may have been exposed and you need to remove your child from school. There is no need to quarantine your child unless you are contacted specifically.
6. This count will start on the first day of school which was September 8, 2020.
SCHOOL ABBREVIATION KEY:
Alpha Elementary - AE
Fairview-Marguerite - FM
Hillcrest - HC
John Hay - JH
Lincoln Elementary - LE
Manley Elementary - MN
Russellville Elementary - RV
Union Heights - UH
West Elementary - WE
Whitesburg - WB
Witt - WT
East Ridge Middle - ER
Lincoln Middle - LM
Meadowview Middle - MV
Westview Middle - WV
East High School - EH
West High School - WH
Miller Boyd Alternative - MB
HAMBLEN COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
The mission of Hamblen County Department of Education is to educate students so they can be challenged to
successfully compete in their chosen fields.
Parents and community members please continue to send in questions or concerns you may have regarding the Coronavirus COVID-19 so that those topics can be addressed in our daily presentation updates on our website.
Please email questions to WebbK@hcboe.net and place "School/Virus Questions" in the subject line.
Please contact us at 423-586-7700 if you do not possess the ability to view the video, and we will ensure you get the information. Thanks in advance for your support and understanding.
ESP Program Information
More information about the Extended School Program
Each child will be screened prior to entering the building by conducting a temperature check. Students with a temperature will not be allowed to attend.
Click HERE for information regarding free childcare for Essential Workers
Please contact Stacy Gibson at 423-581-3017 or email@example.com if you need any additional information regarding this program.