SNP Logo

Department of School Nutrition

Mission Statement
To improve the health and education of our children by building a strong emphasis on helping our students make sound nutritional choices that will last a lifetime and to make the School Nutrition Programs an integral part of the total educational process by providing the cafeteria as a learning lab.

Updated CEP Meal Pricing beginning January 4, 2024

December 27, 2023



Dear Parents and Guardians:


The Hamblen County Department of Education (HCDOE) is pleased to announce that beginning January 4, 2024 through the rest of the 2023-2024 school year, all students have access to free breakfast and free lunch each school day. The Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) program through the United States Department of Agriculture makes this possible because of an increase in the number of direct certified students in the district.


HCDOE will re-evaluate direct certified student data in late spring to assess the feasibility of continuing the CEP program for future years.


You are not required to submit any paperwork for your student to participate.


Under the CEP program one (1) breakfast and one (1) lunch meal will be provided daily. Students may still purchase a second meal and/or ala carte items; but the CEP program will not cover these costs. Students must have cash or funds in their meal account to cover the costs of these extra purchases.


The CEP program does not erase current cafeteria charge balances. Families of students with a negative balance in their meal account as of January 4, 2024, have until the end of the 2023-2024 school year to pay the balance, however, early payment would be appreciated. Payments may be made directly to your student's school cafeteria by cash or check or secure online payments (which may include a convenience fee) at 


Should you have any questions about your student's account, please contact the Hamblen County School Nutrition office at (423)581-3027.


Thank You,


Jennifer Buchanan

Supervisor of School Nutrition


Updated Meal Prices                       



FREEGrades 6-8FREE
FREEGrades 9-12FREE
$3.00HCDOE Staff$4.25
 Reduced Price Lunch





K-12 Online Payment System

Paying for school meals online helps speed up the cafeteria lines and ensures your student will get a hot, healthy meal.


Even if you don't make payments online, all parents are encouraged to create a MyPaymentsPlus account in order to:

  • View Student cafeteria balances anytime from anywhere
  • See what your student is purchasing in the cafeteria
  • Set up alerts so you know when the balance is low
  • Make payments to your students cafeteria account, online or with the MyPaymentsPlus mobile app


Signing up is FREE and easy

MyPaymentsPlus Registration


Jenifer Buchanan
Susan Dalton

Susan  Dalton


Kammie Shelton Baker

       Kammie  Baker
Administrative Assistant


Tammy Webb

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. 

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Nondiscrimination Statement  found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

1.       mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
          Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
          1400 Independence Avenue, SW
          Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

2.       fax: (202) 690-7442; or

3.       email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.