How Do I Become a Substitute Teacher/Substitute Training Information
Required Training for Substitute Teachers
Substitute teacher training classes are from 9:00am until noon at the Hamblen County Board of Education. Attendance is mandatory to be added to the substitute teacher list. To register for the next Substitute Teacher Training Class on Thursday, February 3, 2022, please read the information below and then click the link provided:
STEPS TO BECOMING A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER FOR HAMBLEN COUNTY SCHOOLS:
*Please bring all required documents with you to the training session.
1. Complete the online application for substitute teacher (go to Apply for Employment).
*Three completed references are required. Please complete the reference portion of the application.
2. Attend a substitute teacher training session.
3. Applicants must provide proof of Employment Eligibility by bringing a copy of the following (all three are required):
*Valid Driver's License
*Social Security Card
4. Applicants must provide a copy of their high school diploma, G.E.D., or college transcripts.
5. Substitutes are required to be fingerprinted for a background check. Background check reports must be approved by the superintendent prior to being added to the substitute list. More information regarding this process will be provided during the substitute teacher training class.
6. We now require all employees to utilize Direct Deposit. Please bring a Voided Check or a Direct Deposit Form from your bank.
TO REGISTER CLICK HERE: Substitute Teacher Training Class Registration
*Please Note: In the event of schools being closed due to inclement weather, the substitute training session will be canceled and rescheduled. If school is on a delay, the substitute training session will proceed as planned.
For all other substitute roles, please contact Human Resources.
If you have questions, please contact the Human Resource Office at 423-585-3711.