The next Substitute Teacher Training Class will be held on October 2nd at Central Office. To register, please click on the link below.
Required Training for Substitute Teachers
Substitute teacher training classes are from 9:00am until 12 noon. Attendance is mandatory in order for you to be added to the substitute teacher list. In addition to the completion of the class, prospective subs will have to complete the required paperwork and on-line application. Completion does not guarantee you being added to the sub list, but you cannot be added to the sub list unless you have completed all requirements. For all other substitute roles, please contact the personnel office.
*Please Note: In the event of schools being closed due to inclement weather, the substitute training session will be canceled and rescheduled. If school is on a delay, the substitute training session will proceed as planned.
STEPS TO BECOMING A SUBSTITUTE TEACHER FOR HAMBLEN COUNTY:
*Please bring all required documents with you to the training session.
1. Complete the online application for substitute teacher (go to Apply for Employment)
*Three completed references are required. Please complete the reference portion of the application.
2. Substitute Teachers - Attend a substitute teacher training session.
All other substitutes should contact Human Resources.
3. ALL Applicants must provide proof of Employment Eligibility by bringing a
Valid Driver's License or State ID card AND a Social Security Card or a Valid
4. Applicant must provide a copy of their high school diploma, G.E.D., or college
5. Substitutes are required to have a background check (fingerprinting). More information
will be provided at the training session regarding this
6. We now require all employees to utilize Direct Deposit. Please bring a Voided
Check or a Direct Deposit Form from your bank.
If you have questions, please contact the Human Resource Office at 423-585-3711.