Required Training for Substitute Teachers
Substitute teacher training classes are from 9:00am until 12 noon. Attendance is mandatory in order for you to be added to the substitute teacher list. In addition to the completion of the class, prospective subs will have to complete the required paperwork and on-line application. Completion does not guarantee you being added to the sub list, but you cannot be added to the sub list unless you have completed all requirements. For all other substitute roles, please contact the personnel office.
The next Substitute Teacher Class will be November 1, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Please register for training by clicking the link below:
*Please Note: In the event of schools being closed due to inclement weather, the substitute training session will be canceled and rescheduled. If school is on a delay, the substitute training session will proceed as planned.
STEPS TO BECOMING A SUBSTITUTE FOR HAMBLEN COUNTY:
1. Complete the online application for substitute teacher, custodian,
crossing guard, etc.
2. Substitute Teachers - Attend a substitute teacher training session.
All other substitutes should contact personnel or see schedule below.
3. ALL Applicants must provide proof of Employment Eligibility by bringing a
Valid Driver's License or State ID card AND a Social Security Card or a Valid
Passport (bring to training session).
4. Applicant must provide a copy of their high school diploma, G.E.D., or college
transcripts. This can be uploaded with the online application or turned into the
5. Substitutes are required to have a background check (fingerprinting). More information
will be provided at the training/enrollment session regarding this
6. We now require all employees to utilize Direct Deposit. Please bring a Voided
Check or your Bank Account number & Routing Details so that you can complete
the necessary paperwork.
If you have questions, please contact the Human Resource Office at 423-585-3711.