Working to meet the individual needs of Hamblen County Students and Our Regional Workforce
Education Works Mission and Vision
Meeting the unique needs of individual students while connecting education to careers.
Education Works is a program of choice that specializes in blended learning, dual enrollment, alternative AP classes, and Designated Pathways Internships. We will adapt to meet the needs of students and our industry partners.
REGISTRATION ELIGIBILITY and STUDENT EXPECTATIONS
Please note that the student must meet the following requirements for enrollment:
● Spring semester 11th grader or be a 12th grader.
● Current Hamblen County student OR have the intentions of enrolling in Hamblen County Schools
● Pass a pre-employment drug screen
● Maintain attendance requirements set forth by the Hamblen County Department of Education AND Employment Partners
- Completion of individualized academic coursework including one or a combination of the following: Individualized asynchronous online educational portal, Dual Enrollment TCAT, Dual Enrollment WSCC, Niswonger AP or Non-AP classes, onsite at Morristown West, Morristown East, or Miller Boyd.
● Education Works students will be employed and will remain employed with an approved business or industry partner. (Education Works will assist in student employment.)
Education Works STUDENT APPLICATION
You must be a registered Hamblen County student or in the process of registering with Hamblen County Schools, in order to submit the Education Works application. You can complete the application by clicking the link below.
Student Interest Form
Education Works Students will remain enrolled at their current school. They will be allowed to participate in all extracurricular activities including but not limited to athletics, proms, graduation, and any other school sponsored events.
QUESTIONS? If you have any questions, please contact Hamblen County CTE at 423-581-3084.