Free & Reduced Meal Application
The Free & Reduced Meals application is now online. The entire process is not only safe and secure, but also completely private and available anytime, anywhere!
Safe & Secure - We use the highest level of data encryption available, meaning that your information is always safe and guarded.
Private & Available - Apply online in the comfort and privacy of your own home. The online service is available 24/7 anytime, anywhere there is an Internet connection!
Fast - Your data is transmitted to the Nutrition Office the same day you apply, allowing for quicker processing so you can receive benefits faster.
Go Green - Applying online is so convenient and good for the environment as well! No more paper applications to complete and return to the school office!
Get Started: Apply Online starting July 1!
1. Follow the step-by-step screens to enter student and household information
2. Click “Apply” to submit your application for meal benefits!
If you have any questions, please contact the Student Nutrition office at 423-581-3027.
Before you begin...
There are a few things you should know.
- If you received a letter from the school or in the mail saying that your children were automatically approved (directly certified) for free meals for the 2022-2023 school year because someone in your household participates in Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), then you do not need to submit an application.
- We need only one application for all children in your household that attend school in Hamblen County School District.
Eligibility for free or reduced priced school meals benefits is based on any one of these three things:
- your total household income and size in the month the application is filled out, or the month before, or
- your child's individual status as foster, homeless, migrant, or runaway, or
- participation in an assistance program by any member of your household
Your US citizenship or immigration status does not affect your eligibility for free or reduced price benefits.
If you have any questions at any point during the application, click Help to get help with the current section.
Things you'll need
Lastly, we compiled a list of the information you might need to complete the application. If you have this information handy, it will make the application process fast and easy.
Your child(ren)’s student ID number – this assists in matching the application with the correct student in our student information system.
Your child(ren)’s school of attendance– this assists in matching the application with the correct student in our student information system.
Your child(ren)’s date of birth– this assists in matching the application with the correct student in our student information system.
Your child(ren)’s SSN– this assists in matching the application with the correct student in our student information system.
If you participate in SNAP or TANF, you will need to know your case number (not your card or account number)
If you do not participate in any of the above assistance programs, you will need to report your total household income. In that case...
if anyone in your household has a job, you may need to reference the earnings statement or pay stubs to report your gross income, which is different that the amount you actually receive in your paycheck.
if anyone receives Social Security or retirement benefits, you may need to gather the benefit statements to report the amount and frequency of the payments.
you may also need to reference other financial documents for additional sources of income.
Still not sure if you have everything you need? Don't worry! The Help link on the income section of the application contains detailed instructions and explanations about the sources of income you must include, and you can gather additional information then.
Apply for Free & Reduced Meal Benefits
2022-2023 Application Opens July 1, 2022