Delicious dish for brunches.
1 lb. sausage
6 to 8 large eggs
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 cup shredded cheese (or as much as you like)
1 large bag frozen shredded hash brown
1. Brown sausage in skillet. Drain sausage from grease using a slotted spoon. Spread meat in the bottom of a casserole dish.
2. Break 6 or 8 eggs individually and put into a bowl; add milk, beat well.
3. Cook scrambled eggs until done, but not dry, they should be soft. Spread on top of meat.
4. Spread hash brown on top of eggs; sprinkle cheese evenly on top of eggs.
5. Bake in 350*F (175*C) oven for 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve hot.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Hot Ham and Cheese Spread
Mix 1 (8 oz.) container cream cheese spread with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 3 chopped slices of smoked ham and a dash of pepper until well blend. Spread into 9 inch pie plate.
Bake at 350*F for 20 to 25 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Served warm as a spread with crackers (Ritz)
Makes 12 servings, about 2 Tbsp. spread and 5 crackers each.